Here is a great Mediterranean diet breakfast recipe. The Eggs and Smoked Salmon in Green Rings is a delicious option that the whole family will love!
- Slice the bell peppers into ½ inch rings. Use a sharp knife to make clean cuts (to better hold the egg in place).
- Remove all of the white inner flesh and seeds.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat and coat with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray. Let the pan heat up before adding food.
- Place the pepper rings in the middle of the pan. Allow the rings to cook and brown lightly before adding the egg.
- Turn the rings over a few times so both sides cook evenly.
- Very gently add one egg to the middle of each bell pepper ring.
- Cook over low heat until yolks are to your liking and egg whites harden and are no longer translucent.
- Gently add your optional toppings during the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Spray the bottom of your spatula with non-stick coconut oil spray. Slide it underneath the pepper ring. Lift carefully from the skillet and onto your plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
1 or 2 green bell peppers
Whole free-range eggs for each ring
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Optional toppings: fresh dill, fresh chives, smoked salmon, avocado slices, and/or sliced red onion.
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop wasting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work, and check it out now. Click the image below: