This Garlicky White Bean Salad with Pesto Recipe is a great light lunch, snack or side dish if you love pesto. Its the perfect addition for your Mediterranean Diet rotation!
- Add the olive oil and beans to the pan, heat on low while separating the Swiss chard stems from the leaves.
- Finely dice the stems and add to the pan along with the garlic and a splash of water.
- Lightly braise for 2-3mins.
- Finely slice the chard leaves (roll them all up together, then slice) and add those to the pan to wilt down (1-2 mins).
- Then add the pesto, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Adjust to your tastes and add a little more water to loosen if your pesto is thick.
- Serve topped with fresh basil, a drizzle of good olive oil, and shavings of parmesan. I just had mine with crusty bread, and it was delicious, but this would make a great warm salad with some rocket mixed through or a side dish to loads of meals!
- Serve and enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can cannellini beans, drained/rinsed
1 can butter beans, drained/rinsed
Small bunch Swiss rainbow chard (5-6 leafy stems)
1/2 garlic clove, grated (add more as you like)
Small splash water (25mls)
2-3tbsp green pesto* (homemade/store-bought)
Juice from 1/2 small lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
Scattering of basil leaves/drizzle of olive oil/shavings of parmesan – all to serve
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop wasting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work, and check it out now. Click the image below: