Serves: 48 BARS
Prep Time: 30 MINUTES | Bake Time: 30 MINUTES | Total Time: 60 MINUTES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the 1/2 cup butter, the 1/2 cup brown sugar, the 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the lemon peel with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until creamy.
- Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour until combined. With greased hands, press dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for nut topping, in a medium bowl stir together walnuts, the 3/4 cup pistachio nuts, the granulated sugar, the 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and the salt.
- Using a fork, mix in the 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over warm crust. Crumble phyllo shells over topping. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes more or until golden.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine the 1/2 cup honey, the 3 tablespoons butter, the 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, the lemon juice, the 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, the allspice, and cloves.
- Cook, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) about 1 minute or until butter melts. Stir in the 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Drizzle the hot glaze evenly over the hot mixture in baking pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. To serve, cut into 16 to 24 bars.
- Cut each bar diagonally in half. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with additional honey. Sprinkle with additional pistachio nuts.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1.9-ounce package baked miniature phyllo dough shells
- ½ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Pistachio nuts
Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 11g | Carbs: 20g | Net Carbs: 17g | Fiber: 3g | Protein: 16g
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop wasting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work and check it out now. Click the image below: