Check out this Hearty Fiesta Rice Salad Recipe, it’s a quick dinner with smokey and spicy roasted corn, seasoned chickpeas, tomatoes, cilantro, peppers & lemony goodness served over pillowy rice of your choice!!
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups of any rice of your choice (avoid white rice)
4 cups of water or bone broth
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
sea salt to taste
2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
one can of small organic chickpeas OR black beans
a handful of chopped organic cilantro
1 cup of finely chopped red or green bell peppers
2 cups of roasted corn (or organic corn) I season mine with paprika, chili powder, cumin, a pinch of Tabasco and garlic powder. About 1/4 tsp each!
- In a large saucepan with a lid, heat the extra virgin olive oil & add the shallots and onions.
- Stir until softened/translucent then add the garlic. Finally, stir in the rice until well coated/mixed with the oil and onions.
- Add the broth and stir.
- Once it boils: reduce heat to a simmer and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Simmer for ~ 20 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave it covered for at least another 10 mins so it can fluff up.
- In a separate bowl: mix in all the vegetables.
- Before serving, top over the rice and mix in. OR: add the vegetables to the rice before adding the broth and have them cook with the rice if you prefer everything warm/sautéed.
- You can also add a pinch of pickled Spanish red onions to the fresh salsa rice topper for a little kick.
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop wasting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work, and check it out now. Click the image below: