Mediterranean Chicken and Bulgur Skillet Recipe
You’ll be delighted by the incredible results from this one-pot wonder: tender bulgur, creamy feta, and moist chicken. You don’t even need a sauce since there’s so much flavor in the pan. It’s a complete meal, though you could serve with a side salad if you’d like. Though you can swap dried oregano for fresh if you don’t have fresh on hand, we strongly urge you to stick with the fresh dill flourish at the end; it adds a burst of herbal goodness that you just won’t get from dried. If you don’t have a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, you can use any other medium-sized ovenproof skillet.
This is one of our favorite Mediterranean Diet Recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a 10-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high.
- Add chicken to pan; cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pan.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add bulgur and oregano; cook, stirring often, until fragrant and toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Add kale and bell peppers; cook, stirring constantly until kale begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Nestle chicken into bulgur mixture; place skillet in oven.
- Bake at 400°F until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of chicken registers 165°F, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with feta.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with dill, and serve immediately.
- 4 (6 oz) Skinless, boneless chick breasts
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Thinly Sliced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup of Uncooked Bulgur
- 2 Teaspoons of Chopped Fresh or 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 4 Cups of Chopped Fresh Kale
- 1/2 Cup of Thinly Sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Chicken Stock
- 2 Ounces of Feta Cheese, Crumbled (about 1/2 Cup)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coarsly Chopped Fresh Dill
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop waiting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work and check it out now. Click the image below: