30 Minute Pork Scallopini with Lemons and Capers Recipe
Tart lemons and briny capers give this sauce its signature taste over lightly fried, boneless pork cutlets for an easy Italian dinner that’s on the table in just 30 minutes. This is one of our favorite Mediterranean Diet Recipes!
- Pound out the pork chops to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Press 2 sage leaves into one side of each of the pork chops.
- Mix the flour, kosher salt and ground black pepper in a large, shallow bowl or plate.
- Add the pork chops to the flour, one at a time, and flour each pork chop, gently turning on each side, so the sage leaves stay on the pork chop. Gently tap off the excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil.
- Place 2 of the pork chops in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden browned.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of butter and the remaining oil—Cook the remaining 2 pork chops and place with the other two cooked pork chops.
- Wipeout any burned or really crispy bits out of the pan.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the wine and capers and cook until reduced by half. Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, and a few lemon slices and bring to a boil then add the remaining tablespoon of butter and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the pork back to the pan and warm in the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- 4 Thin Boneless Pork Chops
- 8 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Divided
- 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup of White Wine
- 1/4 Cup of Capers
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 2 Lemons – juiced
- 1 Lemon Sliced Thinly
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop wasting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work and check it out now. Click the image below: