Rich and creamy Ricotta and Tomato Shells Recipe with fresh pecorino and sweet basil! File this under a ridiculously good and easy dinner recipe. Love that it calls for fresh tomatoes and basil which are about to gravitate into peak time this summer!
- Follow instructions on pasta of choice; pro-tip: leave it slightly al dente because it will later be transferred to a pan with tomatoes and cheese and cook some more. Don’t forget to salt your pasta water and leave some aside after the pasta is done cooking- should you need to thicken the sauce.
- Warm-up a skillet and add olive oil or butter.
- Throw in cherry tomatoes and season with sea salt, pepper, thyme, tomato paste, honey and red pepper flakes.
- Heat until the tomatoes start blistering and softening – 5-7 mins.
- Drain pasta and add it to the pan- toss to coat evenly.
- Add ricotta and toss until evenly spread- but you still want to see nice dollops.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate; add your pecorino or Parm and garnish with fresh basil!
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 pound dried pasta, such as farfalle, rigatoni, conchiglie, or penne (I used protein-packed chickpea shells!)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter OR olive oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp of pure tomato paste
- 1/2 Tbsp of honey (breaks up the tomato acidity)
- 2.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp grated pecorino or parmesan
- 2/3 cup fresh ricotta, at room temp and slightly softened
- A handful of basil for garnish!
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop wasting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work, and check it out now. Click the image below: