Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
Tender and flavorful slow cooker Mediterranean chicken with olives, onions, and roasted red peppers makes a hearty and tasty meal all made in one dish. This is one of our favorite Mediterranean Diet Recipes!
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side til browned.
- Transfer to greased slow cooker.
- Add onions, olives, red peppers, and capers to slow cooker (tuck them around the sides so they aren’t covering up the chicken).
- Whisk together italian seasoning, lemon juice, and garlic and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, oregano, or basil and serve.
- 4 Medium-Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning
- Juice of 1 Medium Lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup of Kalamata Olives
- 1 Cup of Roughly Chopped Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons of Capers
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Thyme, Oregano or Basil for Garnish (optional)
Need More Help With The Mediterranean Diet?
Check out our proven 28 day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan. There have been over 1000 people that have tested it out and loved it!
So stop waiting your time and money on diet plans that don’t work and check it out now. Click the image below: